Thursday, May 17

Moved by the movies




Ah the movies...

A short visit to EYE in Amstedam brought me to a simple reality: image is everything!

EYE is the film museum in Amsterdam. Recently opened, it was our option for this free Thursday.

The architecture of the building is fantastic! Just the adventure of taking the small (free) boat to Amstedam North and watching the frenetic traffic over "Het IJ" (the bay behind Amsterdam Central Station) is already an experience. The place is so busy with boats and ships coming and going that you can close your eyes in panic thinking they will crash at any moment.

The museum is strategically planted at an area that used to be a less favored one, but as we can see now, it is not any more. The place is being structured and build to extend the so crowded Amstedam and it will soon be a very expensive and fancy place to live.

Into the museum, everything goes around cinema and movies. Images... the fixed exposition (Found Footage) made me think about our mania of collecting images and forgetting about them  (nowadays into the computer) and what to do with them on the future, when they get "old". The artists find old images and make their installations over those lost images. Really amazing and a bit strange for a boy of 8... get used son, get used...

But the best of the museum can be found on the basement, which has free access. Playing with images, that is it! I loved it and I came back full of ideas. I made a film with the small footages and pics I took with the phone camera and that was fun!

Next step: one entire capoeira film made with Lego people! I just need to convince small son to help me on this ;)

Images make me happy, a lot happy! I will do it more often, specially now that my boy is starting to find those kind of things interesting.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Flickr

WinnieMinnie - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver