Sunday, January 30

#30 [Steam]

_MG_2674.jpg

I am supposed to photograph circles, but my head is full of ideas and I am also working on another personal projects. Yesterday Mr. M. bought this "pan" and I found it very interesting regarding pattern, shape and texture. Despite of the fact that it is a circle anyway.

Its a bamboo steamer. You cook into it. I did not take pictures of Mr.M. in action with his steam cooker because we were talking about other things but I have missed the chance.

Anyway, despite of the cooking qualities of the pan, it has for sure photographic qualities. I found it a great subject!

After taking many many pictures with flashes, I must say I do appreciate the natural light falling from the window.  Just take care that it falls nicely over the subject, not allowing it to overexposure and taking care to not produce a silhouette.

_MG_2680.jpg

Here a full version, with the cover partially unveiled.


Back lighted...



Imprisoned...
_MG_2687.jpg
And a B&W version.


I am trying to post something about nice and less nice works I have done with photography because I want to make clear (to myself as well) what I like and what I don't like to photograph. It's funny how you start to get selective and discover new things as you start to explore photography more deeply, but this post will need to wait until a day I don't find anything more interesting to point the camera.

Problem is that weeks pass and I always have something more interesting to photograph....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Flickr

WinnieMinnie - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver