Friday, March 25

Warm tones


After two days without posting I was a bit affraid my blog would be deleted. Thanks it was not!

And after having a week of hell with my DBA hat, I am pleased to announce I am putting it aside for a while and fetching my photograph hat tonight.

(long ago) I made the pictures of my friend A. And here I will talk about the post processing. In fact, I wouldn't need any post processing: she is a gorgeous blond dutch girl, pregnant. But even though, I worked the warmth on this setting.

As usual, I sinned on the framing and background. But even, I could correct it afterwards.

After the cropping on Lightroom, I did warmed up a lot: I pumped the light temperature from 4600 to 6100! Why did I do that?

Well, A. is blond. Very blond. And the light coming from the window on her front was also very warm. Despite of that, I did some hair lighting and it was a bit blueish and I did not like it. So I made it warmer.

What else? Increased the contrast a bit,  added a yellowish hue on the hightlights but most important of all: to get the painting effect, I added 100 on Luminance noise reduction. That is a kind of "pixel spreading" which gives this dreamy state.

To get rid of the annoyances on the background, I have "burned" it a bit. And now enough of Adobe Lightroom: so much advertisement must be paid. Anyway, with such a subject, everything is very easy don't you agree? And this is one of the 50 pictures I took from her. The others you won't see on this blog, but man: they are beautiful! I could really capture some amazing expressions and emotions! Am I lucky?

Tomorrow I won't be posting again. I will be off for the weekend. But I will  bring enough material for one entire week of relaxed photographic posting! Today I tried to photograph the black cat that was laying on my white terras but he went away before I could arrange camera & lenses. Pity for him.

I am also making a note on the agenda to get back to Artis and photograph the butterflies. To my friend C. that still lies in the hospital.

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Flickr

WinnieMinnie - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver