Sunday, March 27

SS Rotterdam


It is a big ship, transformed in an hotel. We did not know it would be so much fun and I couldn't also imagine this place would be so magic in front of the lens.



I took many nice images, and back at home I thought they would be nice in a sort of black and white. And because I have not much patience with  HDR, I was playing around with Clarity control, giving to the images this nostalgic look. Exactly as you feel over that place.



I have pumped Clarity and Brightness very high, removed completely the saturation and got the highlights on a kind of yellow on Split Tone.

My own Lightroom preset :)



I have also used the 17mm on the entire set: I am reading a book where the guy propose some exercises where you use the different focal lengths on different positions to explore the different angles. It's a great exercise to amplify your point of view and get things differently.

This last image was taken with a zoom lens instead (200mm) and I love this lens despite of being a very heavy lens. It is sharp and simply perfect!


This long lens, bring everything close by. It seems that the building behind the ship is very close by and it is not: around 800m away!

It was a full weekend full of fun and perspective exercises.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews

Flickr

WinnieMinnie - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver