Wednesday, June 22

From high levels

From high levels by I.ma.gi.na.ção
From high levels, a photo by I.ma.gi.na.ção on Flickr.
A man made me cry today. His name is David duChemin, my favorite photographer-writer.

It’s not very difficult to make me cry and this wise man put on words a feeling that I had about going “pro” or staying “amateur” and that I had never put on words: my chaotic multi-directional conclusion system has a clear idea about it, and yet I have never verbalized it.

During the time I was at home recovering from my accident, I was over flooded with ideas. My creativity went from a “1” to “10” within a couple of days. I felt more alive as ever and, although it sounds quite funny, I felt completely productive, entire and whole, for the first time in my life.

I started to work at 17 into a culture where the only example we had was “find a job and survive”. When I was at home, I started to consider the idea of making a radical change on my career: I started to draw a fixed and rigid line separating my past as an IT worker and my brilliant future as a photographer.

After almost getting crazy by imposing myself deadlines and milestones, I finally decided to relax and go with the flow: and only then I’ve got the message.

I do whatever I can’t stop doing. Photography is good for my skin and makes me happy. The transition line between amateur and professional photographer has no form, no color and no taste. And better than that: I really don’t bother. I just go with the flow.

About David: If you really want to get one (big) step further in photography, doesn’t matter if labeling yourself an “amateur” or “pro”, start following David. You won’t regret. If you are 8 or 80, David is a source of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Flickr

WinnieMinnie - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver