Thursday, June 23

Fennel Gratin

_MG_2779.jpg


I had photographed this recipe a long time ago and forgot to publish it, but this is the best way I know to prepare fennel/erva-doce.

Cut the fennel on pieces:

_MG_2783.jpg


And cook it for 8 minutes in salted water:


_MG_2784.jpg


Slice an onion in rings:

_MG_2785.jpg

Mix everything with a little bit of flour:

_MG_2789.jpg


Melt butter in a skillet. I use this iron one because I am lazy and  can put it directly into the oven later on:

_MG_2792.jpg

Put everything into the skillet: the onions, the fennel, the flour:

_MG_2794.jpg

Fry it for a while and add A LITTLE BIT of cream (room). Just a bit. Do not soak the fennel:

_MG_2795.jpg

Put into the oven until it gets golden and crispy.

_MG_2798.jpg


Easy and wonderfully tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Flickr

WinnieMinnie - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver