Sunday, June 17

Oh Nature!

_MG_7784

Some time ago, we flew to Turkey. We wanted to have a nice break under the sun and the Turkish riviera seems to be nice: a good price and a good accomodation.

We had many bad advice: because Turkey is a cheap place, we would have a lot of noisy dutch families shouting around us and no rest. But we decided to pick up a very luxurious and yet kitsch hotel at Antalya. Man, it was the best choice. We had a kings life over there and no loud dutch family around. Perfect!

On the third day, after a big storm, we went to a jeep safari at the mountains. It was extremely cold but a crispy sunny day was waiting for us.

Turkey is the farthest place to the east I have been to. Needless to say my ears and eyes were very well open.

The first thing that called my attention was the color of the landscape. It was early spring and the mountains were very green already but because of a very bad storm during summer last year, I have seen a lot of "bald" places. We heard that the water went so high that has swept all the green along the river's margin.

_MG_7778
_MG_7805

Second, the color of the water. It was a between the blue and the green, a turquoise tone that we can only find along the Mediterranean waters: south Italy, Greece, Turkey...

Rolling
_MG_7819
_MG_7844

I enjoyed the days over there and I am for sure getting back. May be in a couple of years and for sure after April (March is still too cold!).

I haven't been writing a lot. I was just giving some time to myself to decide if I would keep this space or not. It was as if suddenly, I had no need to write any more, and a kind of indifference took care of me. Whatever I would have to say, had no importance at all. It is still like this: I see no point. At the same time, it was for me a strong wake-up call. Because if I am so indifferent to what I say, is that I couldn't care less for what others have to say.

Honestly, it worked as a kind of mirror to me. Some people look after this feeling but for me, it works like dumbness: My mojo was gone!

A kind of existential crisis.

At the same time, I felt judged and evaluated. Although a blog is a blog, a public thing, for the first time I noticed people out of my small circle reading about me and I heard a lot of judgmental statements. That is scary!

And yet, I have a lot to say and register. If not with long stories, at least with small images!

A good coming week for all of us,

S.


Bram Vermeulen - de steen

Ik heb een steen verlegd in een rivier op aarde.
Het water gaat er anders dan voorheen.
De stroom van een rivier hou je niet tegen.
Het water vindt altijd een weg omheen.

Misschien eens gevuld door sneeuw en regen,
neemt de rivier mijn kiezel met zich mee.
Om hem dan glad en rond gesleten,
te laten rusten in de luwte van de zee.

Ik heb een steen verlegd in een rivier op aarde.
Nu weet ik dat ik nooit zal zijn vergeten,
ik leverde bewijs van mijn bestaan.
Omdat, door het verleggen van die ene steen,
de stroom nooit meer dezelfde weg kan gaan.

Ik heb een steen verlegd in een rivier op aarde.
Nu weet ik dat ik nooit zal zijn vergeten,
ik leverde bewijs van mijn bestaan.
Omdat, door het verleggen van die ene steen,
het water nooit dezelfde weg kan gaan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Flickr

WinnieMinnie - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver